Saturday, April 30, 2011

Hidden along the row of shophouses in Taman Molek, Han BBQ is a lesser known sibling to the famous restaurants around. I called it famous simply because the place is crowded and has earned some rave reviews from my relatives who visited it. Let's see how it fares in comparison to my own taste buds.

Let's talk about the 1st impression it gave me, place is buzzling with people, not very cold and well ventilated, and their lack of staffs. It's very obvious they need an increase in manpower, with the amount of customers filling up the place.

Typical of all Korean restaurants, they will serve up a series of their appetizers while we wait for the main. The usual appetizers.

Kimchi ... yummy. My pick amongst the appetizers.



The bibimbap (aka Korean claypot rice). Not very fantastic and I have definitely tasted far better ones.



We ordered a portion of the pork ribs that looks to be laid out without any fire beneath. I can vouch for it...the heat and flame is pathetic ! I think they shouldn't call this BBQ pork ribs at all. It's more like stewed meat when they served it, slowly cooked and simmered. Utterly disappointed !



Yet another huge disappointment, the beef steak. Same as before, "simmered and stewed" instead of BBQ.



Chicken chop "with thick batter". Yet another disappointment.



Dukbokki aka Spicy Korean Rice Cake. Not disappointing this time around but neither does it cause any excitement in me. At this point, my mind is just filled with negativity about this restaurant, a very poor choice !



The only consolation is probably the complimentary steamed egg.



Food: 3.0/10
Price: 5.0/10
Service: 4.0/10
Conclusion: The service is horrendous with the inadequate manpower and limited training given for their staffs. The ambience is not worth mentioning at all, bbq pots all around, packed with people together with a combination of limited air-conditioner units, you figure it out. Food was at best average and not forgetting my BBQ meat turned into "simmered and stewed". In my opinion, I would never return again.





View Larger Map

76, Jalan Molek 1/28
Taman Molek, 81100
Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia

Tagged: , , , , , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment