Saturday, April 2, 2011

We made our 1st stop of the Malacca trip at Donald & Lily to have a quick lunch before heading over to check-in at the hotel. The place is open daily (9:30am - 4:00pm) except Monday and everyday you get a different selection from their Daily Special. Choice is limited and as we were there on a Tuesday so our choices were only either Mee Siam or Nonya Laksa. We skip the rojak though but I believe that is available everyday.

This place has been featured numerous occassions on the many TV programs, articles and blogs. I myself have been here a couple of times on each occassion whenever I visit the historic state of Malacca. Keep your eyes wide open because the place has a very small entrance which will go unnoticed except for the throngs of people queuing outside for a table or taking pictures. It has sort of become a tourist attraction and maybe also because of its close proximity to Jonker Walk.

I ordered their nonya laksa. Nothing to shout about but I like the richness of their curry gravy, must have put alot of coconut milk into it. The usual ingredients go into it, deep fried beancurds, fish cakes, fish balls, bean sprouts and one of my most hated food ... cockles ! Yucks..I hate the taste of cockles in my food.



Here comes the daily special of the day for Tuesday, mee siam. I'm not a mee siam lover to start with, so I'll just stick to my nonya laksa :)



Ahh, finally some cendol dessert to cool off the heat. The weather has been very warm these few days. Another item rich in coconut milk...loads of it to be exact.  I like the gula melaka they've added.


Food: 7.0/10
Price: 6.0/10
Service: 7.0/10
Conclusion: A place that has been frequently featured in TV shows, articles or blogs and has attracted throngs of people to it especially during weekend. I think their standard has dropped over the years, when compared to what I've eaten on my 1st trip there. Prices are alright considering everything in Malacca is priced at a premium. Next time round, I'll look to try out their other Daily Special.





View Malacca Food Trip in a larger map

Jalan Tun Tan Cheng Lock
(in front of Kota Laksamana car park)

Tagged: , , , , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment