Sunday, April 24, 2011

This is my second visit to Watami. I remember my first visit was at Raffles City, a meet-up with PL and Sam. It's probably a few months back but the impression is still deeply engraved into my head. The decorations were wonderful, ambience is great, food is good and prices reasonable.

I had a chance this time round to check out their other outlet at Junction 8. It took me quite a while to find this outlet, was kinda lost while trying to seek it out. It's my first time at Junction 8 afterall, the whole place is like a maze ! But I still managed to find it eventually...phewww...I'm feeling so hungry by the time I found the place. This outlet is less spacious and decorations were nothing compared to the one at Raffles City. Btw, you will know what I mean later when I said prices are reasonable...

Their menu has a wide range of food items to choose from, however I noticed some of the it shown are duplicated. Probably that's why their menu list seems extensive and impressive. They also have a set menu for selection, and we happily chose the Pleasure set. The servings are probably meant for 2 sumo wrestlers, and not for people with normal appetite. LOL



A good start to a meal, the watami salad for an appetizer. Lotsa greens and reds. Healthy.



Yet another light dish to start off with, Agedashi tofu.



Another appetizer ?! Tori karaage.



Finally here comes the main, and my personal favourite, Hire katsu tamago toji aka pork cutlet in egg. Abit salty but when the sauce is fully simmered into the pork cutlet, coated with a layer of egg around it..it is unbelievable wonderful especially if you have it with rice.



Another of the main, Sukiyaki nabe. Something soupy would be good at this point. You can select udon and simmer it together, I believe it will be great. At this point, we are almost filled to the brim ...



Finally !! The last item of the set ... Mochi cheese okonomiyaki. We can't finish this simply because we are too full and it looks kind of heavy, don't you agree ? cheese....mochi....not today. I'm done for today. I've tried a small slice of it but do not fancy it.



Last but not least, a glass of oolong tea and yuzu soda to wash down all that we've eaten. At this moment, I had a sudden urge to unbuckle my belt.




















Food: 7.5/10
Price: 8.0/10
Service: 7.5/10
Conclusion:This is the right place to go to if you have a voluminous appetite or simply want to gorge yourself with loads and loads of food. Their set offers almost everything that I would want to try on the extensive menu albeit too much for a 2 persons. I reckon it would be perfect for 3 people with an average appetite. Recommended





View Larger Map

9, Bishan Place
#01-33 Junction 8 Shopping Centre
Singapore 589737


Tel: +65-6258 3577

Tagged: , , , , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment