Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Paradise Inn ... errmmmmm .... doesn't ring a bell. Nice ? Good food ? Cheap ? That's the first thought in my mind when my friend has organised a celebration (of some sort) over there. A search with my next best friend on the Internet (aka Google) reveals my ignorance, 1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11 outlets ! I didn't know they have so many scattered across islandwide and shame on me ! The only Chinese restaurant chains I've ever known in Singapore is either from the Tung Lok Group or Crystal Jade. Pardon my limited knowledge but I seldom dine in Singapore and tends to avoid even at the slightest chance. All my friends know that ;)


Some traditional braised peanuts for appetizer, just before the fare begins. I'm not a fan of it ... or rather never a fan of nuts. However, judging at the ferocity in which the peanuts were all snatched up by my friends., I reckon they are good.



Braised pork bun. Comes with separate servings of bun or man tou and braised pork. The buns are semi-circle in shape and is to be pried open, to stuff in all that goodies. The choice of meat has to be 五花肉, with rich layers of fat sandwiched between the pork. All that lard and grease undeniably adds on to the overall flavour of the dish. Buns are soft and fluffy, and the braised pork has just about the correct ratio of meat to fat. Rating: 7.0/10.



Next up, we have the Fried eggplants with minced pork. I especially love the minced meat as they made a wonderful companion with the bowl of rice in my hand. Eggplants...nah...I'll skip because I simply do not fancy it. Rating: 7.5/10

Hotplate beancurd, similar to what you can get out there. Nothing special in my opinion. Rating: 6.5/10

Meat patty with salted egg. The patty is soft and savoury, when coupled with the salted egg yolk on top. However, you might not want to eat in on its own as it might get just a bit too salty. Rating: 6.5/10

Mysterious unknown deep-fried something. I really have no idea what this is but it certainly did not get me going for more. Rating: 5.5/10

Bee hoon with pig trotters. Very nice dish and a must-order for pig trotter lovers. Bee hoon retains its consistency and fully absorb the flavour, whereas the meat is braised till tender. Rating: 7.5/10

 
Pork, pork, pork and more pork. I just have to pity the poor oink-oinks, the number of their comrades sacrificed just to satisfy the gluttony in us. Just the occasional outpouring of appreciative yet sympathetic statement that's going in my mind now. Oh well life goes on ... so I present the Dong Po Pork 东坡肉. It was just as good as the Braised pork, with contrasting effect of melt-in-your-mouth fat and soft, tenderized pork. Just be mindful for those who is having health problem, this is a potentially hazardous dish, laden with cholesterol and loads of fats. Rating: 7.0/10



Price: 6.0/10
Service: 7.0/10
Conclusion: I thought the meal was kinda costly but still within my threshold, considering most of the dishes we ordered were simple fare. Food is above-average and a good alternative choice to Crystal Jade, although I would still prefer the latter.





View Larger Map

301 Upper Thomson Road
#01-110 Thomson Plaza
Singapore 574408
Tel: 6455 6977
Operating hours: 11.30am – 3.30pm, 5.30pm - 10.00pm (Mon - Fri)
11.00am--10.00 pm (Sat, Sun & PH)
 Website: http://www.paradisegroup.com.sg/inn

Tagged: , , , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment