Saturday, May 11, 2013

Finally I can put pen to paper, a long overdue article of Re Della Pasta. This is my 2nd visit to the F&B chain, my 1st was at KSL shopping centre (you can read my article here). Gut instinct from the initial encounter was, Re Della can provide me with the much needed ammunition to conjure a decent review, with its extensive, yet creative range of items on the menu. It can be a daunting task for one to vet through it, facing constant bombardment by names of Italian dishes being hurled towards me. The constant flipping back and forth doesn't help and only adds on to one's dilemma. Having said that, amidst all the dilemmas and confusions, there will definitely be something in the list that will manage to tempt one's palate.



Re Della @ Permas Jaya has a nicely decorated setup, with its warm ambience and elaborate lightings. My first impression, this would definitely be a good place to have a romantic night out with your significant other.





Crema di funghi aka mushroom soup. I still like mine from Gianni's, and so far none has succeed in surpassing it. Well, it still beats those (generic) cream of mushroom soup I get elsewhere.
Rating: 7.0/10.0




Anatra all'arancia (Duck with orange sauce). This dish is like wow....simply delicious with its richly flavoured sauce, tender (and not too gamey) duck meat. Thoroughly enjoyed the grilled, crispy duck skin...yummy ! Comes in a quarter portion.
Rating: 8.5/10.0



A close-up shot of the grilled duck thigh.



Garnishings of cherry tomatoes, mushrooms & etc.



Pollo alla Cacciatora (Hunter's chicken stew). This is less of an amazement as compared to the Anatra, but nonetheless still hold its own. Chicken cubes are stewed together with tomato purees and comes with a choice of either fries or spaghetti.
Rating: 7.5/10.0



Penne con pollo e spinaci (Penne with chicken & spinach) taste great as well, except for the penne which was kinda undercooked. That's the only oversight in an otherwise delectable dish, but I shall not be so forgiving towards this glitch. In my context, you just gotto live up to your premium price tag.
Rating: 6.5/10.0


Price: 6.0/10
Service: 7.0/10
Conclusion: I like this place, and I certainly mean it - the ambience with the food. There's not much to complain except for the oversight in my Dad's penne dish and not forgetting the waitress whom not once, but twice mixed up my order. Seriously, they have to brush this up and provide more training to their team. In this industry, this can be a lethal pitfall. Recommended.





1, Jalan Permas 10/8,
Bandar Permas Jaya, 81750,
Johor Bahru Malaysia
Tel: (+607) 386 0761
Monday to Thursday (11.30am to 3pm)
Friday to Sunday (11.30am to 11pm)

Tagged: , , , , , , , , ,

1 comment: