Sunday, December 18, 2011

(Please visit here for the latest article) Was dropping by to KSL City shopping mall on a weekday, after work to get my new wireless modem after my D-Link got busted by Zeus (The almighty King of God living on Mount Olympus in Greek mythodology, ring a bell ?) . The strike was so incredible that it had my telephone line fried and the adapter exploded ! Sounds scary eh...but that's the truth. I arrived home last week to see the remains of my modem adapter lying in smithereens on the floor. The lucky part, there was no fire outbreak and ironically, I had to thank God himself for keeping my house still in one piece.

So there I was, ending up at Re Della Pasta after getting my modem, feeling famished but not keen to head home so early for fear of getting stuck in the daily traffic jam after office hours. Choices are aplenty in KSL but this is probably one I would love to try and yet to try ... I'm always game for Italian food. The containers of fusilli, fettuccine, linguine, penne, farfalle etc etc dominated the outlet's facade, and that's what caught my attention.


The interior and ambience is nothing to shout about, minor decorations here and there but yet nothing to suggest this place serves Italian cusine. Besides this, another minus factor is the air-conditioning which doesn't seem to be functioning as expected, luckily they have installed numerous ceiling fans to circulate the ventilation, otherwise I would have stepped out immediately. Can't dine properly while I'm sweating away and suffocating right. Luckily, my threshold has not been breached and can still dine in comfort.

One thing for certain, their menu is extensive and it can get a bit mind-boggling to narrow down amongst all the pastas, pizzas and mains. Variety is good, a wide selection is even better but its certainly not authentic Italian food which they are serving here. More like fusion food, to cater to the mass's taste bud...fair enough but this isn't exactly really what I'm yearning for at that moment. Disappointment is definite but still containable, oh well just have to make do with what's available then.




I ordered the Aglio Olio Linguine with deep fried dory fish (this isn't really authentic Italian food right, tell me it is =_=). Pasta taste okay, not too bad and dory fish is a surprise amongst the package. It was light in  batter, crispy, flavorful and definitely generous in its proportion. I see no complaints in this dish, putting into consideration their targeted crowds, and not somebody like me out on the prowl for authentic Italian dining. Rating: 7.0/10

Price: 6.0/10
Service: 6.0/10
Conclusion: I wouldn't mind visiting again if its for casual dining but price is definitely a bit steep, even by local standards. With what I'm paying, I may just choose to fork out a few more bucks and head for something authentic, in the likes of Gianni or Ros Marino.





View Larger Map

LG41-42, KSL City Mall
33 Jalan Seladang, 
Taman Abad 80250
Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia

Tagged: , , , , , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment