Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Japanese cuisine has never topped the list of my all-time favourite food, and I wasn't ever prepared to change that. Japanese food in my dictionary is all about sushi, sashimi, fishy items or something light in flavor, a stark contrast to what is acceptable by my tastebuds. Add on to the battered image I've had of Sushi King, Don Sushi, Sakae Sushi and the likes of those franchised Japanese restaurant, skipping the details of my encounters with them ... that's why it has never make it to my chart. 

Highly unlikely but true, Japanese cuisine has slowly began its creep up my chart, a step at a time, with Nijyumaru leading the charge. Not only is it successful, but it got me and my family entangled in its web of allurement as well. Haven't recall a single instance where I'll raise my objection when they want to dine at Nijyumaru.

California maki. An unpretentious uramaki, hidden with crisp cucumbers and mozarella cheese in between. Best part of this dish, popping those tiny egg roes in my mouth, with each bite and it goes "pop pop pop". RM12.00. 
Rating: 7.0/10.



Suimori, a trio of sashimi. I'm not exactly sure what is the combination but my guesses are tuna, salmon belly and swordfish ? I'm never sashimi guy and my chopsticks aren't going anywhere near it, however I'm sure it rocks big time. At the very minimum, it looks terrific on the platter and features as a permanent entrant on my family's dining palette. RM39.00.
Rating: 8.0/10


(Ebi) Tempura maki. A wonderful combination of soft sushi wrapped around the crispy, deep fried prawns. In my opinion, this is what ebi tempura maki should be, to bring out that exquisite part of this dish, unlike others where they scrimp on the size of the prawns. Degrades the item in my opinion. RM16.00
Rating: 7.5/10.


Tori teriyaki (grilled chicken) set. A value-for-money and hunger-satisfying item, that comes highly recommended. A similar set elsewhere could easily cost you more than what you pay here. RM15.00.
Rating: 7.5/10

Sake zuke don. Plentiful amount of sashimi slices stacked on top of the don, a good alternative for those who feels sushi is inadequate to curb the hunger, and needs something more. RM16.00
Rating: 8.0/10.



Ninniku chahan, equipped with a plain-jane look. It comes served with fried garlic bits, cushioned below a bowlful of garlicky fried rice, that has egg as its only ingredient. Simple enough but yet immensely gratifying in this case. RM5.00
Rating: 8.5/10



Price: 7.5/10
Service: 7.0/10
Conclusion: I have no complaints after countless visits - ambience, food, service, price ... everything just falls into place nicely, that will inevitably bring about a nice dining experience. Highly Recommended





View Larger Map

24, Jalan Permas 10/5
Permas Jaya, 81750
Masai, Johor
Malaysia
Tel: (+607) 388 9818

94, Jalan Sutera Tanjung 8/4
Taman Sutera Utama, 81300
Skudai, Johor
Malaysia
Tel: (+607) 558 9818

Operating hours: 12:00PM - 03:00PM & 06:00PM - 11:00PM (Daily)

Tagged: , , , , , , , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment