Sunday, October 16, 2011

The building facade, the interior and the signages headlining the restaurant, everything looks as if it belongs to the past decade. It's hard to imagine there's a makan corner, a gem of its kind hidden among the throngs of tuition centres. One would have easily miss it if you are riding up from the escalator, running in parallel to it.

Being a skeptical creature, my first thoughts were "opps...only 2 tables occupied during dinner time ? Standard of food dropped ? Recommendations from others were proven otherwise ? Should I leave now ?" Alas, I still walked in hoping the suspicions doesn't come true ... keeping my fingers X.


Service was prompt and the waitress took no time to hand me the menu and politely ask for my choice of beverage. Chrysanthemum tea it shall be (or soy sauce, as illustrated in the picture. LOL).


Mutton curry. First thing to hit me when it was served, the thick & strong aroma of the curry. You get a combination of mock mutton (made out of gluten), crunchy potatoes (which were deep fried and then simmered together with the curry) and lady fingers. All good and I'm already waiting in anticipation of the next dish. Rating: 8.0/10



Next to land on our table is the Fried Bee Hoon, topped with stripes ... and more stripes of fried beancurd skin. I wouldn't say its bad but its overwhelming and makes me wonder if the highlight is bee hoon or fried beancurd skin. If they can be in lesser proportions to the bee hoon, I believe it will enhance the dish and provide a multi-layered texture to every mouthful. Rating: 6.5/10



Stir fried sweet potato leaves. Two things I noticed when the vegetables arrived, no garlic and minimal grease stain on the leaves ? Garlic was not used in vegetarian dishes, as it is known to kill bacterias. Amitabha ... My suspicions about the grease were easily confirmed when I do not see any "rainbow" floating on the gravy. Clear as stock. Rating: 8.5/10.


To top off the experience when I'm footing the bill ... No service charge, printed brightly on top of it !
As for the price, I can say its worth every penny (or more) that I've paid for it.


Price: 8.5/10
Service: 8.0/10
Conclusion: Kudos to the restaurant owner, staffs and chefs of the place. I thoroughly enjoyed my dining experience and will definitely be back for more again in the (near) future. With the kind of environment, good food and prices, how can anyone give it a miss ?? Oh ya ! By the time we were stepping out of the place, crowds have formed and tables were getting occupied. They have my highest recommendation !





View Larger Map

587 Bukit Timah Road,
#03-01/02 Coronation Plaza, Singapore
Tel: (+65) 6467 1331

Tagged: , , , , , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment