Saturday, October 22, 2011

Al-Ameen has been around for years and has always whipped up excellent Indian, Western cuisines and Halal food. They serve varieties that range from tandoori chicken, naan, roti prata, beriyani, nasi goreng to even chicken chops. Quite an extensive list and I could go on and on, but to put it simply ... they serve about anything except for non-Halal food.


Al-Ameen serves food of epic proportions, loaded with carbohydrates and anything sinful to your health. Think along the line of coconut milk, lard and you will get what I mean. That doesn't imply we should avoid it but simply minimise our visit unless there's the craving. Ironically, it's hard not to urge and yearn for it, because they DO serve a wonderful and satisfying meal. 

I had a nasi beriyani with sambal chicken for lunch. Loads of nasi, and a quarter chicken stewed with sambal. They have other choices which you can go for, such as fried chicken, curry fish, curry chicken or mutton but my personal favourite still goes to the sambal chicken. The sambal sauce goes down best with the nasi in my opinion. Rating: 7.5/10.


** I have a confession ... I can hardly finish all and by the end, there's still half a plate of nasi left. I did my best not to be wasteful.


Price: 7.5/10
Service: 6.5/10
Conclusion: This has to be where one could get a quick fix on their Indian Muslim food cravings. With such cheap & tasty food of monstrous proportions, the place comes Highly Recommended.





View Larger Map

30 Woodlands Avenue 1
#01-10 The Woodgrove
Singapore 739065
Tel: (+65) 6366 1740
URL: http://www.al-ameen.com.sg

Tagged: , , , , , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment