Monday, May 7, 2012

Diversity might not be the theme at play in Junction10, but it does come with a few reputable cafes (just to name a few Kungfu Paradise, Paradise Inn, Toast Box) when you feel like spending that extra bucks to pamper yourself, or alternatively NTUC food fare and the kiosks lined across the main entrance to save up on the ka-ching.
Now, there's this new outlet lying diagonally across the entrance of Giant hypermart, it caught my attention and I had been wanting to give it a try since I last saw it. Seems to me as a fusion between Italian and Japanese cuisine, might not be as much as a cultural shock compared to a decade back but still, it kept my interest going. So today, I finally had the opportunity to give it a try.
Yomenya Goemon 五右衙门, I have absolutely no idea what that means as long as it speaks the same language as my taste buds. That's all it matters :) A brief check on Internet reveals they are actually the number 2 largest F&B stores in Japan with more than 2500 of them !

I ordered the Half & Half set C, which comes served with soup, soft drinks or desserts and the below 2 items (Carbonara with yolk & bacon, Vongole bianco) for only SGD20. It's really quite a deal in my opinion. The pasta is done al dente, carbonara sauce was creamy but not too rich, something which might be widely acceptable by the masses. I personally would have love it to be much more creamier but this will do just as well. 
Rating: 7.0/10.0



Vongole Bianco was acceptable as well, clams were fresh but could do more to up the spiciness level. I find that a bit lacking. Ordering set C is a steal for me, I get to sample both of my all-time favourite pasta dish and the portions were just enough to fill me up. On a side note, the dessert (which I left out) is Cheesecake with ice cream, omg ... that's like killing 3 birds with one stone for me.
Rating: 7.0/10.0



Next up, I had the Roast Duck pizza, the only one with an Asian flair among the list of selections. Choices were rather limited (7 to be exact), but this does not disappoint. The ducky pizza had chunks of duck meat (duh-uh) and slices of roasted fatty duck skin (obviously) spreaded, peppered with spices. A savoury pizza indeed. Try dipping the crust in the leftover carbonara sauce, being there done it and love it ;)Rating: 7.0/10.0

Crab, shrimp & scallop pasta (cream sauce) is light yet creamy as well. Recommended for seafood lovers.
Rating: 7.0/10.0


Mozzarella & pork sausage (Napolitean sauce) are for non-creamy lovers with that half-boiled egg set atop my pasta, adding some much needed creaminess. I can't taste much of the egg though, simply because the sauce is overwhelming, but otherwise all is good.
Rating: 7.0/10.0


Price: 7.0/10
Service: 6.5/10
Conclusion: The set meals for me are a bargain and I would surely go for them on each of my visit, although the same not might be true for the pizza. Not as much of a value compared to the set, but if they could go generous on the toppings for the pizza, that would mute my objections.






View Larger Map

1 Woodlands Road
#01-34 Junction 10
Singapore 677899

Tagged: , , , , , , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment