Sunday, August 21, 2011

Some background on Mad Jack, they serve up a selection of Aussie & fusion food at heartland prices and stand by their low salt, no msg, no meat tenderizer, no preservative & no artificial coloring statement. They operate as a franchise and from as far as I know, they do have 6 outlets scattered around Singapore. The outlet I went to is at Bukit Timah, just besides the King's Arcade.

Cosy, quiet little corner tucked right along the bustling Bukit Timah Road. What a contrast.

Crazy chick with rice (spring chicken). Deep-fried spring chicken with rice and peach salad. I like their fried chickens but lesser so for their peach salad and rice. Not a fan of rice with mixed greens and their salad could be better with some dressings on it. Rating: 6.5/10


Grilled tenderloin with black pepper sauce. The beef turns out alright and the sauce is nothing-to-shout-about. They do have a nice mash though, besides the corn cob. Rating: 6.5/10.


Fish & chips with rice (ok, so where's the chips ? LOL). I know it doesn't look appetising from the picture, but I AM conveying the correct message across. The tasteless and oily batter spoils the entire dish. I had to scrap the coating off the fish fillet before eating, otherwise consuming all those needless saturated fats ! Will never order this dish again. Rating: 4/10



Fried chicken wings (6 pcs). In my opinion, this is by far the best of the lot that I have ordered. Reasonable pricing and excellent crispy, flavourful half a dozen chicken wings. Burpppppppp....I had so much that I'm starting to get momentarily sick of chicken wings. Rating: 7.5/10


Price: 7.0/10
Service: 6.5/10
Conclusion: Not all their foods are prepared and cooked equal, just like not all humans are born equal. Be careful of what you choose from their menu, and it can be a rather tricky affair. I have not tried out the remaining items on their menu but I know I would order the chicken wings again. That's the only advice I can give for now.





View Larger Map

6 Duke’s Rd
Tel: (+65) 6462 4300/6257 5951
Operating hours: 11:30am - 11:00pm daily

Tagged: , , , , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment