Thursday, June 23, 2011

We landed at El Cactus for our dinner, a place situated along Jalan Pantai where you can catch a glimpse of the Malacca Strait. It's definitely a cosy place to be, whether it is a date with your loved one, a girls' night out or even an after-work thingy. Tables are nicely spaced apart, offering the bit of privacy for the occassion.



I can't remember the name for this dish but if you look closely at the menu, its one of those grilled chicken dishes with some spicy sauce to it. I did a check on their website for the menu, but regretably it wasn't listed inside. Taste alright, I like the sauce (sour and extremely spicy) but otherwise it is the same as what you would have gotten elsewhere.



I ordered the Tender Beef Fajitas and I must say for the price I paid (~RM30), the portion is huge. They offered a generous amount of tender beef slices, tortillas, Mexican tomato rice and the assortment of garnishings. Well worth the money, probably more than the grilled chicken above.


For dessert, we had the Apple Caramel. For a person without a sweet tooth, I find the sweetness overwhelming. The sweetness of apple in addition to the caramel...woooooo.....sugar overload in my blood stream.



Food: 6.5/10
Price: 6.5/10
Service: 6.5/10
Conclusion: I think the place is fairly overrated, the only plus points are probably the ambience and the novelty of being a Mexican food. Afterall, you don't get that many Mexican food joints in Malaysia. The fajitas are good but I'm not too sure about the rest of the items on the menu. Maybe I shall reserve my judgement til the next time I'm there again. For now, if you are out looking for a cosy and comfortable place to laze around in Port Dickson, do give El Cactus a try.





View Port Dickson 2011 in a larger map

Batu 3, Jalan Pantai,
71000 Port Dickson
Tel: +60(17)3936124

Tues-Sat: 4pm till 1:30am

Tagged: , , , , , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment