Thursday, November 15, 2012

Rooted just besides Aeon Tebrau City, the shophouses are gradually blooming with a selections of Japanese restaurants and cafes. Truth be told, it still pales in comparison to varieties and numbers from those around Aeon Bukit Indah vicinity. Nonetheless, JB Foodie still managed to unearth one gem from the basket - Cestino Bakery & Bistro. Decorations are simplistic, no fuss and dominated with an imposing portrait sketch of Marilyn Monroe. For me, the place works out to be a good place for some rejuvenating personal time, sipping on a cuppa with a book in hand idling the time away. Joints like these usually serve good coffee, tasty pastries and cakes but crappy food ... barring all my biased, negative thoughts, I hope I'm not right on the spot again.


Anyway, I ordered myself a cup of Hazelnut Latte for a start. Not bad, at least its bang for the buck, cheaper than what you would have gotten at Starbucks or CBTL.


Next up, a recommedation from the waitress - Smoked Duck Carbonara. I would have love it to be much more creamier but I reckon this consistency is more appealing to the masses. Unlike yours truly, not many like it thick & creamy ... and I'm so reminded of the fettucine carbonara I enjoyed with Italiannies. The smoked duck slices are just oh-so-tender ... which doesn't even have a pinch of toughness to it. Pairing the savoury slices with the carbonara (an excellent substitute for bacon crisps), I wished I had more of it on my plate. Highly recommended.
Rating: 8.0/10.0



For dessert lovers, Cestino offers an assortment of it but my choice still lies with the Tiramisu. I don't know what defines good tiramisu, but this is soggy, literally melts in your mouth and most importantly, it isn't overly sweet. IMO, a great item to finish off my hearty dinner.
Rating: 7.5/10.0







Price: 6.5/10
Service: 7.0/10
Conclusion: Set in a cozy and comfy environment, it feels more like home than anything. I thoroughly enjoyed my experience here and would be going back in the near near future :) Looks like I'll have an additional option in future for R&R.


View Larger Map

Block F-01-07 & F-01-08, Jalan Harmonium 24/2
Taman Desa Tebrau 81100
Johor Bahru Malaysia
Operating hours: 12:00PM - 11:00PM
Tel: 010 - 242 4104

Tagged: , , , , , , , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment