Thursday, April 19, 2012

A little food joint located just a floor below Miao Yi Restaurant which I've blogged on 2 weeks back. Was on a food trail to look out for something light on the stomach, instead of the usual greasy, fattening food. I was undecided whether to take a step forward when I stood in front of eatery ... it was small, unassuming and the walls were littered with posters and newspaper cuttings.

Wait, what caught me was one of the newspaper article, Cozy Corner has been rated as serving one of the best popiahs in Singapore. Okay, since I'm already here then I should definitely give it a try. Besides, even if the popiah doesn't lives up to its name, I still have the main as a back up. They have a few Japanese sets to pick on if popiah isn't just enough to fill me up. udon, soba or don. In the end, I ordered the beef udon set.

I was glad the popiah turns out to be far better than my expectation. The insides were filled up with radish, eggs, bean sprouts and that oh-so-nice crispy bits.In my opinion, its those crispy bits that truely brings out the best in this popiah ... and for a non-avid fan of spring roll to finish all of it (2 popiahs) must definitely mean something. Rating: 7.5/10

Ample amount of beef slices partially submerged in a pool of hot, clear, shoyu broth. Udon were neither too soft or hard but could do better with more greens added. That would make the whole presentation looks much better, which is kinda dull in this instance. Rating: 6.5/10


Laksa has just the right amount of richness in it. Only part lacking is the variation in its ingredients, but besides that, quantity is definitely more than adequate for the kind of pricing it offers. (updates)
Rating: 6.5/10.0



The fried rice set comes with 2 chicken wings and a sunny side up for a very competitive pricing. I do not think I can find any more worth while along Bukit Timah Road than this ! Price aside, the combo of fried rice with chicken wings always have me salivating. (updates)
Rating: 7.5/10.0



Price: 7.0/10
Service: 7.0/10
Conclusion: Lady boss looked rather sombre while preparing the popiah. Good, I like people who are serious in what they do but if you are in the service industry, you just got to let loose abit. I would have never expected her to greet me "Goodbye & see you again" when I was leaving. That totally caught me off guard, and would have for anybody. Simple, yet nice gesture, I appreciate it. Will definitely be back again.



View Larger Map

587 Bukit Timah Road,
#02-02 Coronation Plaza,
Singapore
Tel: (+65) 6463 8286

Tagged: , , , , , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment