Saturday, September 24, 2011

My family and I was looking for something different from the usual joints for dinner last week, something beyond what naturally surfaces out in our head ... something the likes of Gianni, TGI Fridays or Chez Papa. At least after last week's to The Bierhaus, we have now a new row in our where-to-dine list.



How about a pint of it before you get rolling on the starters ? They do offer a decent selection of imported beers apart from the Heineken, Tiger or Gusiness. I personally like Paulaner better.



Abalone mushroom with herbs and olive oil. The dish may look plain and dull but it certainly doesn't taste that way. A must-order for funghi lovers and also on my next trip here. Rating: 8.5/10



Pizza Margherita. A combination of tomatoes, basil and mozzarella cheese on a thin crust dough. Just couldn't help but lay my hands on it ... repeatedly. Rating: 8.0/10



Mozzarella ... loads of it !



Spaghetti Aglio Olio ... anybody ? The pasta is a wee bit more springy than what I would have gotten at Gianni's with a lot less olive oil. It all boils down to personal preference but I adore both and simply couldn't come to a conclusion between them. Torn between 2 lovers (or in this case, food).




Schweinshaxe (German pork knuckle), and that's what they call it in Germany. Comes served with mashed potatoes and lettuces. You can dip the pork in various sauces, ranging from the tangy pineapple , thai chilli to the bbq. With all the amount of meat I've gorged on, the pineapple sauce and lettuce definitely helps to soothe my appetite and keeps me going. Rating: 7.0/10




Bangers & mash. Not a very exciting dish and pales in comparison to the rest we've ordered for the night. More mash please ... and less salt in the sausages. The sausages are way too salty for acceptance even by my standard. Please avoid. Rating: 5.0/10



Price: 8.0/10
Service: 7.0/10
Conclusion: I am rather pleased when I saw the bill, less than RM150 for all the above :D To be honest, I would have expected it to be priced higher or maybe it has not gained popularity YET, which explains the fair pricings. The only qualm I have is the bangers & mash, which otherwise is a perfect first dining experience at The Bierhaus for me. Highly recommended.





View Larger Map

G5 Daiman Bowl Complex
2, Jln Dedap 3,
Taman Johor Jaya, 81100
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
 Tel: (+607) 354 0776
Operating hours: 2:00pm - 2:00am (Daily)

Tagged: , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I noticed that the pricing for the dishes is not what as stated in the menu. Did you'll realise this? When inquired, the staffs replied that the (++) sign at the pricing indicates the price change without notice. Ended up with me paying 4- bucks extra for each dish and even worse, I was charged with gov & service charge in addition to the bill. This is quite disappointing especially for a frequent customer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to chat your blog, I seem to be forward to more reliable articles and I think we all wish to thank so many good articles, blog to share with us. only selected wines

    ReplyDelete