Sunday, March 20, 2011

This air-conditioned eating outlet is located in the midst of banks-dominated area, Taman Molek. They serve a wide variety of local and HK cuisines (those which you usually find at 茶餐厅), and also a good selection of drinks as well. I don't usually frequent this place because I'm not really a fan of those 茶餐厅 in Malaysia, I find them less authentic compared to the ones I had in Hong Kong and definitely a notch down when it comes to the food. To be fair, the drinks they served are not bad and comes in many variations with fanciful names to it and it will be a great place for you to chill out and relax.

I did not manage to take alot of pictures during my trip there yesterday as my family has already finished their food when I arrived. Blame it on the jam !! Got me stuck there for quite a while. So just make do with it, with the limited shots that I've taken and I'll try to post more when I head back there again in the future ;)

The 鸳鸯 (tea mixed with coffee) which my brother has ordered. He is very particular about drinks, so I reckon the drink is good, served in a barrel-like mug.








I ordered the tea with grass jelly. The tea is smooth and fragrant, which they make it better by topping off with loads and loads of grass jelly. Like !














Usually when I run out of options to choose from the menu, I would opt for the simplest, no-brainer choice for myself...fried rice ! In this case, I ordered the pineapple fried rice. Not bad, portion is big as well but lacking in ingredients. There are just some tiny bits of sausages, pineapples and prawns (or maybe prawn).


Food: 6.5/10
Price: 6.5/10
Service: 6.5/10
Conclusion: An alternative choice to the usual suspect, Kim Gary. Give it a try if you happen to drop by Taman Molek area. Who knows, you might like it. Average.







23, Jalan Molek 2/3
Taman Molek, Johor Bahru
Johor Malaysia

Tagged: , , , , , , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment