Sunday, March 20, 2011

It was an idyllic Sunday for most of the people around but apparently not so for me. Was back from work the morning as I have to stay behind in office in anticipation of the scheduled downtime for my systems in the wee hours of the morning. A very lethargic me, in comparison to the crowds buzzing in the small, rustic eating outlet.
This place serves very good otak otak, something different from the kind you get from Muar. It's those wrapped in 2 pieces of banana leaf, something you would usually see at the mamak stalls but this is not as reddish and tasted much better, more succulent and softer. The stall has been around for as long as I can remember and there are countless loyal customers that would flock back every now and then (e.g. me & my family), weekly or even daily just for simple, no frills breakfast.


The star of the meal. We ordered 30 pieces of it for 3 person, considered little. You should have seen some of the crowds with that growing amount of spent banana leaves on the table. Amazing ! I could have gone for around 15 max, if I wished to.


The "star" of the meal. You just can't stop chomping on it once you get going. It's addictive. Flavourful, succulent and just the right amount of spicy-ness.


The nasi lemak playing an equally important role as well. The sambal is good, with a tinge of sweetness in it but they are not too generous with it. Each packet of the nasi lemak is pre-packed and for an average eater like me, you could easily finish 2 packets of it. No problem at all ;) In case you do not fancy nasi lemak, there's alternatives to choose from, either mee siam or fried mee.


Food: 7/10
Price: 6.5/10
Service: 6/10
Conclusion: Be prepared to wait for a table especially during the weekends. It could be a daunting task to find it. Recommended.






View Larger Map

Jalan Storey
Johor Bahru, Johor
Malaysia

Tagged: , , , , , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment